WILD ABUNDANCE, FROM GARDEN TO TABLE
URBAN KITCHEN & MARKET GARDENING:
THE PERMACULTURE WAY.
An 8-Day Course where you learn how to create your own Profitable Market Garden!
Part-Time weekend courses available as well.
Some of the Skill Sets you’ll be learning:
- Sustainable and profitable market/kitchen gardening techniques
- Harvest and Market preparation
- Annual, Perennial, Bi-annual Food Production (Vegetables, Salads, Fruit, Herbs and flowers)
*Maximum of 8 spots per course available.
*Prices are all inclusive full room and board, handouts, vegetarian breakfast, lunch and dinner, tea/coffee, treats, all excursions and transport and shared three star accommodations at the Cape Dutch Quarters.
Subjects Covered every season:
- Garden philosophies – values & principles (theories)
- Growing Systems
- Types of produce
- Soil and its inputs
- Food garden design principles
- Pests & Diseases
- Nursery & Propagation
- Orchard Husbandry
- Apps, Technology, Tools & Implements
- The business of Market Gardening
- Kitchen & Culinary Skills
- Food Preservation
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity
Average Daily Routines
Morning Sessions :
Our Morning Sessions are focused in the Nursery & Garden. Here we hone in on what is needed in order to gain success & the needed skills required to make sure your Produce growths healthy & organically!
We do Classroom Style Learning in the gardens to sharpen our knowledge by seeing things in action. Workshops and educational farm visits are also done during these sessions to give you a huge exposure to different methods and approaches used by various Experts.
Our Kitchen Master Classes will surely be a huge bonus in showing you how to do Food preparation and develop preservation skills to make sure that you get the MOST out of your organically grown Produce!
Excursions & Workshops Covered in the year:
- Foraging for Food
- Growing mushrooms
- Growing & harvesting nut trees
- Cut flower & Protea farms
- Tulbagh Dried Fruits – processing plant
- Tulbagh Honey Farm
- Vindoux Organics – Tulbagh based organic commercial vegetable farm
- Eikelaan Farm – Tulbagh based organic commercial vegetable farm
- White Mountain Farms – Worsley based organic commercial vegetable farm
- White Bridge Farm – Worsley aquaponics organic salad production
- Porterville Farmers market.